As a Mechanical Engineer your role is to manage and develop a dedicated maintenance team, to work to the highest Engineering and Safety standards. You should be capable of applying professional maintenance to achieve an improvement in reliability at optimum cost, and support product quality improvements. Highlighting and delivering improvement projects, working within a performance team environment to support overall plant KPI’s
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Safety; Engagement in safety conversations and safety systems at site level, focusing on Zero safety incidents and safety actions completed in a timely manner.
• Ensures the production line remains in compliance with all regulations and company procedures relating to plant equipment.
• Safe and effective Management of craftsmen and contractors during all maintenance and project activities.
• Reactive, preventative & Proactive maintenance activities in line with the Reliability goals and engineering strategy.
• Maintenance and improvements of the CMMS in line with the engineering strategy.
• Use of WCM problems solving tools on all engineering failures to ensure that they are investigated to root cause. Countermeasures put in place and their effectiveness monitored.
• Use of WCM tools to deliver improved plant performance. Basic tools, PM/AM and Focused improvement tools.
• Management of spare parts. Ensuring that the correct parts are stocked at minimum cost in line with the engineering strategy.
• Developing Craftsmen in line with the engineering strategy.
• Work as part of the performance team; deliver strategic projects on plan and to cost.
• Specification, management and delivery of CAPEX projects, on time and to cost.
• Effective Management of change.
• 5 years + Engineering in a continuous process or manufacturing environment
• Management of people to include both internal and external resources
• Experience in and practical application of WCM tools
• BSc minimum in Mechanical Engineering related discipline
• Ideally WCM practitioner in PM
• IOSH Managing Safety
• IT skills; intermediate level for Word, Excel
Please apply here.
The position will be open until we have found the perfect match, but please don’t hesitate to contact us, managing director Johan Kindesjö at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only process applications through our careers page.
The well-known brand Gullfiber was created in 1967, but as early as 1963, the Billesholm-based company began a collaboration with the world leader Saint-Gobain. The company is today part of the Saint-Gobain Group and ISOVER is the common international brand for the insulation division. We are constantly working to reduce our climate footprint without compromising on quality. Glass wool from ISOVER has, in addition to the good insulating properties, a number of unique environmental benefits.
A part of Saint-Gobain
Saint-Gobain Sweden is a world-leading player in sustainable building solutions and materials. Our operations in Sweden include the Dalapro, Gyproc, ISOVER and Weber brands. With us, you become part of an inclusive work culture that is characterized by respect and diversity. We belong to the Building Materials Association and have a collective agreement with IF Metall, Unionen, Sveriges Ingenjörer and Ledarna.